Lewisville, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, The Colony, Frisco, Dallas, Corinth, Little Elm, Denton, and Flower Mound Mediation Attorney
At Helene Parker & Associates, L.L.C., we recognize that most cases involving family law arise out of necessity, not by choice. As a result, when we provide legal representation in family law matters, we tailor our services toward meeting our clients’ needs as quickly efficiently, and cost-effectively as possible.
Benefitting from this perspective as an advocate, we bring a similar understanding to our family law mediation services. Lewisville mediation attorney Helene Parker is an experienced and efficient family law mediator who brings years of experience to the table to serve as your neutral. If your goal is to resolve a dispute without court intervention, Helene Parker & Associates, L.L.C. can help you arrive at an amicable, efficient, and cost-effective resolution.
Resolution of Family Law Disputes Through Mediation
Mediation is an effective alternative to both independent negotiation and court litigation for a wide variety of family law disputes. The following are examples of situations where Ms. Parker frequently serves as a mediator either exclusively or concurrently with an active lawsuit:
- Contested divorces – to resolve issues such as custody, visitation, child support, medical support, spousal support, and property division;
- Custody and visitation disputes – between spouses in a divorce, but also involving unmarried couples, grandparents, siblings, and extended family members;
- Family conflicts – involving a wide variety of disagreements between spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, and extended family members;
- Disputes between unmarried couples and domestic partners , boyfriend-girlfriend disputes – often including the issues described above, and frequently involving harassment, threats, reprisal, or alleged defamation of character.
Benefits of Mediation in Texas Family Law Disputes
Mediation has numerous benefits as compared to other forms of dispute resolution. The most significant benefits include:
- Flexibility in scheduling and forum selection;
- Ability to address the underlying problem(s) between the parties;
- Does not have to comply with the Texas Rules of Evidence to present evidence to the other side;
- The parties arrive at their solution rather than relying on a Judge who has never met them or has had adequate time to know their history;
- Opportunity to develop creative resolutions;
- High success rate and high rate of compliance;
- Issues can be resolved in 1 day rather than taking months or years in litigation; and
- Mediation is private and confidential.
In the end, the goal of mediation is for the parties to come to a mutually-acceptable resolution that will be recorded in a binding and enforceable settlement agreement. The mediator generate options for the parties, help the parties think “outside the box” to avoid impasses and remain civil during the process, and ultimately it is the parties who determine on the outcome.